Thank you for your interest in supporting the work of the Institute for Human Rights and Business. If you would like to make a donation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IHRB is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission in England and Wales and relies on funding from a range of sources to implement its work.
IHRB accepts funding from governments, civil society and business (our three core constituencies), but is devoted to ensuring this is objectively procured to always ensure IHRB’s independence and impartiality. IHRB undertakes advisory work with governments and inter-governmental bodies on a contractual basis. Funding from businesses is only accepted as core funding with no conditions attached. IHRB does not provide specific paid-for services or consulting to any business other than for human rights training.
IHRB’s total operating budget for 2015 was £2.57 million with a balance of 65% of contributions coming from governments, 18% from foundations and 17% from business.
All funding enquiries and expressions of interest in supporting IHRB’s activities should be sent directly to:
2015/16 Government Donations and Grants:
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
2015/16 Government Services:
- UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (Unit for Policy Planning and Research)
- Norwegian OECD National Contact Point
- Swedish Credit Export Agency
- Danish National Contact Point
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (an independent statutory body)
- Anglo American Foundation
- Article 19
- Clifford Chance Foundation
- General Electric Foundation
- Humanity United
- International Labour Organization
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- Open Society Foundation
- Save the Children
Funding from businesses is only accepted as core funding with no conditions attached. IHRB does not provide specific paid-for services or consulting to any business other than for human rights training.
2015/16 business donations:
- BG Group
- General Electric
- Nestlé SA
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- Novo Nordisk
- The Coca Cola Company
- The Maersk Group