The 2019 Global Forum for Responsible Recruitment
09 July 2019 Bangkok, Thailand
The third annual Global Forum for Responsible Recruitment will take place in Bangkok, Thailand on the 9th–10th July 2019.
Significant progress has been made towards an increasingly global priority to ensure ethical, professional, and transparent recruitment of migrant workers – although many challenges remain. Join members of the Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment and representatives from other global brands, suppliers, recruitment agencies, industry associations, governments, and civil society for key discussions on how to further develop, support, promote, and mainstream ‘Employer Pays’ based recruitment models.
The Global Forum will:
- Highlight current actions by business and government to promote responsible recruitment with examples of best practice from around the world
- Promote the experience of migrant workers themselves in the recruitment process
- Include a workshop format with facilitated table discussions for deeper analysis on recruitment related challenges for all stakeholders
- Promote and catalyse new multi-sector approaches, solutions and opportunities around the recruitment agenda
Who Should Attend
This business-focussed forum will be of interest to supply chain managers and buyers, sustainability professionals, human resources managers, suppliers, recruitment agencies, civil society and intergovernmental organisations and representatives from government.
See the Agenda Preview for an insight into the key topics and discussion points.
The annual Global Forum for Responsible Recruitment is a key mechanism to promote, develop, and accelerate action toward mainstreaming the responsible recruitment agenda with business and government.
Bringing together representatives from global brands, suppliers, recruitment agencies, industry associations, governments, and civil society, the Forum both:
- Shines a spotlight on the importance of responsible recruitment of migrant workers in the fight against forced labour and trafficking in supply chains
- Provokes debate and the sharing of challenges, insights, dilemmas, and examples of best practice towards implementing the ‘Employer Pays’ Principle
These business-focussed fora also provide a platform for many other organisations to showcase their work and ensure alignment and cooperation. This catalyses collaboration between different organisations and supports the coherence of consistent and amplified messages going to brands, suppliers, recruitment agencies, and governments.
- The first-ever Global Forum was held in 2017 in Berlin | read the meeting report or access the event portal
- The second annual Global Forum took place in Singapore in 2018 | read the meeting report or access the event portal
If you would like to join the mailing list for the Forum and keep up to date with the latest news and registration details, please email Guna Subramaniam with your i) name, ii) organisation, iii) position, and iv) country of operations.