IHRB is recruiting a dynamic and experienced Programme Consultant to support its Migrant Workers programme in South East Asia. In particular the post-holder will be responsible for supporting and promoting the work of the Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment in Thailand and Malaysia.
Duration: 2.5 days per week, from 16 October 2017 - 30 June 2018 (possibility of extension subject to funding and performance).
Location: Thailand (preferred), Malaysia or Singapore. Home-based as a consultant. The applicant must already have permission to work in their location.
Pay: US $250-300 per day depending on experience
Deadline for application: 8am GMT on 11 September 2017
Expected start date: Monday 16 October 2017
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
These will include but not be restricted to the following:
- Desk research to support the work of IHRB and the Leadership Group in the region
- Regular liaison with Leadership Group members and suppliers in the region
- Focal point for collation of information on Leadership Group activity in the region, and contributing to briefing notes
- Outreach to local civil society organisations, business associations, recruitment agencies and multi-stakeholder initiatives, including convening dilemma fora with local stakeholder groups
- Initial outreach and development of contacts with the Government of Thailand and Malaysia
- Initial outreach and relationship-building with labour regulation bodies in Thailand and Malaysia
- Liaison with regional office of International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- Representation of IHRB and the Leadership Group at regional fora
- Local planning and logistics management for the Annual Leadership Forum for Responsible Recruitment taking place in Singapore on 11th June 2018
- Contribution to IHRB blogs and news reports
For more information, including backrground, detailed person specification, and recruitment schedule, please download the job description.