Centro Regional de Empresas y Emprendimientos Responsables
IHRB helped to found and continues to work with Centro Regional de Empresas y Emprendimientos Responsables (CREER), which aims to be a regional hub and centre of south-south learning, knowledge and exchange, using its affiliation with IHRB to develop strategic partnerships and share lessons internationally.
CREER engages with governments, business, trade unions and wider civil society in Latin America to understand their perspectives and build them into the multi-stakeholder approach takes to strengthening government and company efforts to protect, promote and respect human rights.
Building on IHRB’s experience in Myanmar, CREER is currently developing a sector wide impact assessment (SWIA) of the Colombian mining sector. The centre also focuses on contributing to peace building in Colombia, in particular on access to non-judicial remedy.
Responsible business means business activities that work for the long-term interests of Colombia and all its people
24 June 2016
- Report: Human Rights Defenders and Business - Searching for Common Ground
- Report: Promoting Human Rights, Ensuring Social Inclusion and Avoiding Conflict in the Extractives Sector
- Speech: Business and Human Rights, The International Perspective - CINMEPETROL Conference
- Submission: UN Universal Periodic Review of Colombia
News & Events
17 March 2014
Commentary & Podcasts
16 June 2016
- Commentary: On International Human Rights Defenders’ Day
- Commentary: What Should Companies do when States Offer Prime Land on a Platter?
- Commentary: Conflict no excuse for business to act irresponsibly
- Commentary: International Code of Conduct for Private Security Providers
27 April 2011
04 December 2014
26 October 2011