Commodities take many forms. From energy - such as oil and petroleum and gas, to metals and minerals including iron ore, copper, aluminum, gold - to agricultural and other “soft” commodity products - like coffee, cocoa, wheat and soybeans - commodities form the backbone of much global commerce.
IHRB’s focus on commodities addresses a range of activities, including the:
Natural resource extraction should be about shared prosperity.
19 March 2018
- Report: Comments Received on Draft Human Rights Guidance for the Commodities Trading Sector
- Report: Tackling Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, & Intersex Discrimination - Standards of Conduct for Business
- Submission: Civil Society Urges Businesses & Governments Put Human Rights at Core of UN Sustainable Development Goals Implementation
- Meeting Report: Land Access and Acquisition for Extractives Projects - Balancing Different Interests (2nd meeting)
07 August 2017
- Event: Institutional Roles and Coordination in Land Access and Acquisition
- Event: 5th Extractive Sector Forum - Land Access and Acquisition for Extractives Projects
- News: Five Years On - IHRB Reflects on the State of Business and Human Rights
- News: IHRB-University of Queensland Sustainable Minerals Institute Partnership on the Extractive Sector
10 July 2018
- Commentary: Human Rights and the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative - A Conversation
- Podcast: Nnimmo Bassey on Community Injustices
- Podcast: Anneke Van Woudenberg on Anvil Mining in the DR Congo
- Commentary: Beyond a Simple Trading of Powers: An Alternative Future for the Global Mining Industry?
16 March 2017
10 June 2014
27 April 2011