Is Responsible Recruitment a Challenge in the European Context?
01 March 2019 London, UK
Over the last few years the responsible recruitment of workers has received increasing attention from business and governments. To date much of the focus has been on supply chains in the Global South. Risks of exploitation through flawed recruitment processes however can occur anywhere and many companies are becoming aware of risks far closer to home.
Marks & Spencer in partnership with IHRB's Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment, and The Consumer Goods Forum, invite you to join them for a discussion on responsible recruitment in Europe.
This business-focused event will consider:
- The reality and the possible extent of the challenge;
- What it is that makes workers vulnerable;
- How do we extend due diligence to recruitment;
- What do we need to address to deal with possible issues?
A panel of leaders from different industries will share their experience before table discussions allow the chance for a more detailed examination of the key challenges and possible solutions.
Speakers will include:
- David Camp – CEO, Association of Labour Providers
- Didier Bergeret – Head of Sustainability, CGF
- Hugo Martin –Director of Legal and Public Affairs, Hermes
- Louise Nicholls – Corporate Head of Human Rights, Food Sustainability (Plan A) & Food Packaging, M&S
- Sarah Tesai – Global Counsel, Vinci
- Neill Wilkins – Head of Migrant Workers Programme, IHRB (Moderator)
The meeting will be under Chatham House rules.
Registration will open at 8:45am, with the panel discussion starting promptly at 9:15am, and the event close at 11:30am.
For further information please contact: Heather Cadden Heather.Cadden [at] marks-and-spencer.com