The Global Forum will take place at the Marriott Marquis hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
Directions to the Marriott Marquis from Suvarnabhumi Airport:
See Agenda for all session timings.
Tuesday 9th July 2019:
- 8:30am registration and tea/coffee
- 9am start
- 1-2pm lunch
- 5pm finish
- 6pm-7.30pm drinks reception
Wednesday 10th July 2019:
- 8.30am registration and tea/coffee
- 1.30pm finish
- Taxis are available outside the arrival hall at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang Airports. The fare plus toll fee (paid by passenger) to the hotel is approximately 500 Baht. (Credit cards cannot be used for payment.) Always ask the taxi driver to put on the meter.
- Grab app can be downloaded and used to book a car from the airport. (Uber is no longer available in Bangkok).
- The Limousine Service Counter can be found on the 2nd floor of the Arrivals Hall on Suvarnabhumi Airport, with pre-set rates.
- The AirportLink train runs from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phrom Phong (change at Phaya Thai), which is the nearest BTS (Mass Transit System) to the hotel.
- A map of the Bangkok transit system can be found at http://www.bangkok-maps.com/bts.htm.
The Forum will be in English, with simultaneous translation to Thai through headphones.
- If you wish to stay at the Marriott Marquis Queen's Park you can get a discounted rate using this link. There are may other hotels in the immediate area.
- Visa requirements for visiting Thailand can be found at http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15405-General-information.html.
- Thai Standard Time is 7 hours ahead of GMT (GMT+7). Daylight Savings Time is not adopted in Thailand.
- National Currency Thai Baht (THB).
- Exchange Rate USD 1 = ~ THB 31.58 (as of May 2019).
- Kiosks are available at the airport arrival halls or can be changed at your hotel.
Credit Cards & ATMs
- Major international credit cards are widely accepted.
- ATMs can be found throughout the city.
- Power supply in Thailand is 220V, 50Hz.
- Power outlets accept either:
- European plug with two circular metal pins.
- Japanese-style plug with two parallel flat blades (most common).
- July is in the rainy season in Thailand. The average temperature is 30°C.
- Daily and weekly weather forecasts can be found at http://www.bangkok.com/weather.
- Thailand Country Code +66.
- International Call: Dial 001 or 009 followed by the respective country code, area code and phone number.
- Guna Subramaniam, IHRB ([email protected], +65-8265 4788).